DO YOU PROCRASTINATE?
The other day while talking to a scholar friend, I came to know that he was procrastinating with his research, engaging in peripheral activities. I warned him of the trap into which a sincere scholar like him was falling by PROCRASTINATION.
This is a common element in our lives. HOW TO HANDLE IT?
1. Set a target time for you to complete your task. Specify months and dates by which you will complete your task. ( While doing my PhD research I set a target to complete by a particular time frame… and believe it or not it was effectively executed within my set target of years and months).
2. Make a deliberate choice to work regularly for several hours a day with little breaks in between. I could spend about 12 hours of intense works during my research days years back.
3. DO NOT CHANGE THE PLAN OF ACTION.
4. Have a MENTOR ( other than your supervisor to follow you up and encourage you to keep up your determined plan of action).
5. Spend a little time in PERSONAL PRAYER, reflecting on a brief passage from the Scriptures, which will strengthen you with Divine blessings. Prayer and reflection will ease your tension and fill you with hope.
6. Believe it or not… You will find yourself accomplishing great things, decimating your PROCRASTINATION!!!
Prof. AJ Sebastian sdb